The judges of the 2007 Organic Semiconductor Industry Awards (OSIA) are pleased to announce the shortlist for this year's awards. The shortlisted companies for each of the three award categories are:
Start-up of the Year award
- Menippos Creator of HurraFussball an electronic trading card game
- Novaled Technology provider in organic light-emitting diode (OLED) technologies
- Polymer Vision Developer of rollable display enabled mobile devices
- Cambridge Display Technology for Total Matrix Addressing (TMA)
- LG Philips LCD for the first 15" XGA AMLCD (86ppi) panel with OTFT backplane using solution-soluble organic materials
- OLED-T for Super K Layer
- Correlated Electron Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (CERC-AIST) for the paper "On-Substrate Synthesis of Organic Metal Films, Electrodes, and Circuits"
- LG Philips LCD for the paper "Solution Processed Organic Thin-Film Transistors for Active Matrix Color Liquid Crystal Displays"
- Siemens AG for the paper "256 x 256 pixels active matrix photo detector combing an amorphous Silicon thin film transistor array with organic photo diodes"
The aim of the awards is to bring together the whole of the organic semiconductor and organic electronics industry (including flexible, plastic and printed electronics) in a celebration of the organisations and people that are leading the development of this emerging technology.
The OSIA 2007 judging panel was particularly impressed by the quality of the nominations for this year's awards, and some difficult decisions had to be made in selecting entries for the shortlist. The judges were:
- Sir Richard Friend, Cavendish Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge
- Dickon Pinner, McKinsey & Co
- Chris Smart, Acacia Capital Partners
- Klaus Hecker, Organic Electronics Association (OE-A)
- Michael Ciesinski, US Display Consortium (USDC)
- Craig Cruickshank, cintelliq
The winners of the awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner of the Organic Electronics Conference and Exhibition (OEC-07) on the evening on Tuesday 25 September. OEC-07 runs from 24-26 September in Frankfurt, Germany, and is the premier international conference on organic electronics and organic semiconductor technologies.
The Organic Semiconductor Industry Awards are sponsored by cintelliq ltd, providers of information services and strategic consulting to the organic semiconductor industry, and is run in association with OSA Direct, the world's leading newsletter on the organic semiconductor industry.
Craig Cruickshank, cintelliq CEO and member of the OSIA 2007 judging panel, said, "The awards are an important way to recognise excellence in the industry. We are very pleased with the continued high standard of entries for the awards and are grateful to the panel of judges for their rigorous evaluation of the nominations. The past 12 months have seen a number of significant technical developments in the industry, and these have been reflected in the award nominations."